Sunday, April 15, 2012

Wrath of the Titans

I went to see Wrath of the Titans last night. Starring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes, it was the sequel to the 2010 movie Clash of the Titans, which, of course, is a not very faithful remake of a 1981 film of the same name. WotT has been thoroughly savaged by the critics, which means absolutely nothing to me, since "the critics" never like big budget action films anyway. I was attracted to the eye candy and despite some faults, I enjoyed the first movie, so I figured I'd give it a look. I liked it, so there!

Sure, Sam Worthington is pretty stiff, but at least his new curly 'do makes him look a little more Greek. The monsters are a visual feast for gamers. The chimerae are awesome. They have two heads in the front, rather than three, but their tails have a snake head, very cool. The titan, Kronos, was simply amazing, but the fiery Cerberus-like creature featured in some of the trailers did not appear.

Worthington aside, the acting performances were quite good. The scenes between Fiennes and Neeson, starring as brothers Hades and Zeus, were superb and, at times, quite poignant. Honestly, I'm not sure what more one could ask of a big budget, summer popcorn flick. Go see it...or don't.

-Rognar-

No comments: