Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My gaming wishes for 2011

As I look ahead to the new year, I find myself feeling unusually optimistic. The price of oil is on the rise and while that is typically not viewed as a particularly positive development in most of the world, here in Alberta, it's good news...up to a point. Aside from the general benefit that all Albertans derive from oil revenue, several guys in our gaming group actually work for oil companies, so the continued financial well-being of the oilpatch is good news for us. And to folks back east paying upwards of $1.20 per litre for gasoline, well sorry about that, but at least we'll be able to keep up the billions in equalization payments, so it's a win-win.

As for my wishes for 2011, I hope we'll see some stabilization of the situation in Afghanistan, so we can begin bringing our troops home with honour. I hope the global economy starts showing signs of improvement. We could all use some good news on that front.

On to my gaming wishes, I hope Rackham Entertainment is able to survive its current financial problems or that a buyer can be found for the AT-43 and Confrontation miniatures lines so they will be revived. I hope for another good year for Paizo, as I anxiously await the release of Pathfinder Bestiary 2 and Ultimate Magic. I hope for an improvement in the fortunes of Chaosium with the release of Chronicles of Future Earth. It looks excellent and if there is something Chaosium needs badly, it is a successful campaign setting for Basic RolePlaying. I'll also be rooting for Mongoose and the guys at Wildfire to have a big success with Chthonian Stars. Release delays are not a good sign, but hopefully the extra few months will make it that much more awesome than I'm sure it already was. Finally, I hope for good success for Wizards of the Coast. Although I find I rarely buy much from them anymore (except for some minis now and then), they are the industry leaders and their success is good for everybody.

-Rognar-

1 comment:

christian said...

"Although I find I rarely buy much from them anymore (except for some minis now and then), they are the industry leaders and their success is good for everybody."

Agreed!