Sunday, May 16, 2010

RIP Carl Macek

It has just come to my attention that Carl Macek (September 21, 1951 – April 17, 2010) has passed away. As you may or may not know, he was the guy that took the various Japanese series, re dubbed and rearranged them and gave us the great Robotech cartoon. Robtotech was always one of my favorites as a kid and I still play the theme song today (and have the entire series on my computer). I just thought it should be noted here. I would not be at all surprised to see some cross over between the D&D and Anime worlds.

4 comments:

Matt Conlon said...

:(. Never nice to hear of a death. What's worse, I share the fellows birthday!

...Only mine started in '79.

Rognar said...

Welcome, Matt...haha, always wanted to say that. Checked out your blog. Looks good, nice to see a fellow 3.x blogger out there. The OSR types seem to rule the rpg blogosphere.

Matt Conlon said...

Hah!

Yeah, I never really got into 4e, though in fairness, I didn't give it too much of a chance. I respect the desire for faster game play, but I was very put out at the absence of things like druids in the core rule books. Was an obvious ploy to add to their revenue by putting these things in later releases. Made me grumpy.

Thanks for checking things out, and looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Rognar said...

I hear that. We tried 4e briefly and I have nothing overly negative to say about it, but it simply was not in any way better than 3.5. I could see no point in buying a whole new game if it wasn't better than the one we were playing.

Having said that, we did switch to Pathfinder, even though it's only slightly different from 3.5, mainly because it does fix a few things and it makes all the Pathfinder modules and APs easier to use.